Tuesday, January 29, 2008

The Stuff that Nightmares Are Made of- Part Deux



Aah… the joys of a wonderful nightmare. Or two.

Sunday night/Monday morning, I woke up horrified from the memory of two nightmares I had. I think they were two separate ones, but they could have been rolled into one, especially since I can’t seem to remember any details regarding one of them. I woke up rotating the words, New York Metropolitan Opera in various different orders. All I recall of that one is everyone seated, some conversation where someone mentioned some chick was fat (surprise, surprise), and another guy was defending her. Then something happened and there was a mad dash with everyone fleeing the theatre at once. The second dream- or possibly an extension of the same one- was about FedEx trucks, that in my head I was calling flatbeds but were actually more like bulldozers. One by one, these trucks were pulverizing cars and other FedEx flatbeds/bulldozers. It was all very similar to juicing apples in a juicer, and very, very bloody (unlike juicing apples) (hopefully). It kept happening over and over and over. And I was standing in the garage where it was happening, watching it all. The last pulverization was by a couple, the guy driving and the girl apologizing, but also joking about what happened.

Strange. (I wonder what Dr. Joey would make of that.)

Needless to say, I could not fall back asleep after that.

1 comment:

Dr. Joey said...

I bet he'd say something like...

Opera: Your personal association with opera provides further clues e.g. to some it may represent beauty and to others, boredom...turning your life into a soap opera; Needing someone to hear you out...Being a member of the audience may symbolize a need to listen; Being too afraid to express yourself...

As for blood: blood often symbolized life force or power; pain, suffering or hardship; needing to establish your priorities or loyalities (blood is thicker than water). Pulverizing can mean suppressing something, humiliation or distortion. Bulldozers can mean stopping at nothing to achieve your goals; being oblivious to the overall effect of an acion; displaying a lack of compassion or being forced or forcing someone into doing something against their will. And Apologizing...you can figure that one out yourself. ;)

I suppose that's what Dr. Joey would make of it. Maybe you should have lunch/pool with him to find out in person? Heh.