Monday, January 28, 2008

Oh yeah…



...Doug came over to me at the office on Friday to tell me that he just gave his two-week notice. We talked for a few minutes, hugged, promised to make an effort to be friends, and made some tentative plans to talk over drinks, soon. But considering he used to think I was an alcoholic (because I got sick one time and he had to take care of me) (very conveniently forgetting how I had to take care of him when he got sick, right in the beginning of when we started seeing each other), I think we’ll change that to “a” drink or coffee. Anyway. Then I told him about the Old-Married-Pervert who told HR that when Doug and I were dating, we used to look at him and laugh, because we thought he was jealous of us. (Talk about delusional. And paranoid.) We had a good laugh, another hug, and then suddenly all the weirdness lifted and disappeared and we were already on our way to becoming friends. Today we had another conversation, which started with me laughing at how his ex-girlfriend, who he broke up with 3 years ago, who also happens to be my supervisor, still refuses to look at him and promptly walks out of any room when he enters. This, because I was standing in the kitchen, talking to her when he walked in.

Anyway. Happy Hour at Varnish next Friday (not this week, but the next).

No comments: