Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Rohna is very diplomatic...



Last night, I was shopping with my friend Rohna, and we were having a conversation about our weekends, just catching up. My weekend, a major part of it, was spent with Lele, and Rohna thought it was really weird that we can spend hours playing game after game of Scrabble. So I was telling her about all the “shit talking” we do when we’re playing and I jokingly said that Lele is narcissistic (which I have told him many times- also jokingly) and she turned to me and said, “Well so are you!”

I was surprised. And then amused. And then intrigued. Really? Well, yeah, I guess I am. But is that how I appear to others? To my friends? She didn’t seem to mean it in a bad way, either, and I asked her to explain herself.

Rohna: You like being the center of attention!

Me: (laughing) Well, I can’t help it if I am.

Rohna: I guess we all like getting attention. But you’re kinda different. And you’re such a flirt, wrapping men up around your little finger. All giggles, and batting lashes. And there’s that thing you do with your wine glass. You pretend to hide behind it when you say something naughty or when you laugh.

Me: I’m a girl. I’m supposed to flirt.

Rohna: But you’re very ostentatious about it.

Me: Huh.

Rohna: And you dress kinda out there.

Me: But that’s my personality!

Rohna: Exactly.

Which got me thinking. Is it cause I’m a writer? Or am I a writer cause I’m a narcissist? Are all writers narcissists?

1 comment:

Valancy Jane said...

I think you're delicious.