Friday, September 21, 2007

Did I mention the Tracking Device?



Yes. Tracking device.

So, Stantec, the daddy firm, even though it's 6000-people stronger, for some reason has a higher premium for the same insurance we had as Chong. Not that anything about this acquisition has been "convenient", but here's what they did: They increased my salary by the $450 more I will be paying for health insurance being a Stantec employee, so that there would be no difference in cost to me. But here's where they screwed me (and every other sensible person in the firm):

The $450 they added to my salary only covers the cost of the health insurance premium if I join their wellness program. If I don't join the wellness program, I will be paying twice as much. Now, you're probably thinking, "What's wrong with joining a wellness program?" Nothing, if all it entailed was trying to stay healthy. But EVERYTHING, if you don't want to live in A Brave New World.

To join the Kersh Wellness program, you have to let them test your blood, weigh you, take your blood pressure, etc., AND consent to wearing the Kersh Activity Monitor (KAM), a.k.a. tracking device, that you must keep on your body at all times to measure how many calories you're burning, your level of activity, etc. (so basically, the next time I have sex, they'll know)(though, if I'm not wearing anything, I'm not sure where I'd attach this KAM). Then, there is a docking device that comes with this KAM and you sync your device to your computer and it automatically loads your latest points to their website. You must keep your activity level within certain parameters to keep your premium down.

Bush. Patriot Act. KAM devices. What's this world coming to?

5 comments:

Dr. Joey said...

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but your new band of hooligans are based in Canadialand, no? Don't they have universal health care up there? Ironic that your new health care plan sucks so much...

Oh, and also correct me, but didn't you just pass your 5th year of blogging on "the Muse"? Congrats... :)

Dr. Joey said...

Ok, me again. I just finished reading everything. I now have a blog-crush on your writings. A comment, a revelation and bad news:

Comment: you are f'ing talented.

Revelation: there are f'ing awesome people here in the city. I want to be the guy that bumps into you at Medjools. Even though they only take cash. Fuckers.

Bad News: Opening Oct. 26, 2007 - Saw IV. Will it ever end?

Dr. Joey said...

easier to reply on your page: cheating? well, we'll call it strrrretching. (but no one needs to know). secondly, I still have her emails. I can't bring myself to trash them. *sigh* wtF!!!

8 more years...I'd f'ing wait too.

Valancy Jane said...

Doc, we call a blog crush a "blush." As in, you are totally blushing on our Poette.

Anonymous said...

Hey,

I am regular visitor of this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]allthefleetingmuses.blogspot.com is filled with quality info. Do you pay attention towards your health?. In plain english I must warn you that, you are not serious about your health. Recent Scientific Research shows that about 60% of all U.S. adults are either obese or weighty[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] So if you're one of these individuals, you're not alone. In fact, most of us need to lose a few pounds once in a while to get sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now the question is how you are planning to have quick weight loss? [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss[/url] is not like piece of cake. You need to improve some of you daily habbits to achive weight loss in short span of time.

About me: I am webmaster of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also health expert who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under hard training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for fast weight loss.