Friday, December 7, 2007

Pour me a Prosecco, please!



Met up with Dr. Joey on Wednesday evening for a few drinks at Bar Bambino- a cute little wine bar on 16th Street, close to Mission. It seems they have a little outdoor patio, too, but lost in our conversations, I forgot all about it and didn’t get a chance to check it out. We also forgot the “Cookie Plate”.

How is it that some people you meet for the first time and you can have great, absolutely wonderful, fun conversations with for hours on end- and then some people you are constantly stumbling, thinking of things to say to? I guess we did have our blogs to talk about, and everything about us that relates to our blogs; Narcissism, Voyeurism, Crazy Exes. We decided that our exes should meet. They might find they have quite a bit in common and end up falling in love and getting married and having little psychotic kids… or maybe not… we don’t need any more crazies in this world. At least not the psychotic type.

Anyway. One thing that Dr. Joey did make me realize (besides that I’m not really a narcissist- because that would require a certain level of unhealthy competitiveness that I don’t have) is that I have no obligation to be nice to Doug. There were BIG, HUGE reasons that I left him. I don’t need to continue to watch out for him any more and protect him from my own happiness. I’m done placating him. I’ve made attempts to be friends, but I realized that I have been the one constantly going out of my way to make sure he’s ok, being careful that I don’t upset him by bringing a guy to the baseball game, wondering if he’ll be upset if I talk to him because he’s not ready to talk to me yet… Yeah. Don’t need to do any of that anymore. Done. (phew!)

Thanks for the permission Dr. Joey. Now where’s that champagne flute?

No comments: