Friday, March 14, 2008

States



Yesterday, at the dermatologist’s to get the birthmark mutation evaluated, I ended up waiting for an hour and fifteen minutes before the doctor showed his face. He looked at the birthmark and said, “We should do a biopsy of that, just to make sure,” (which I already knew) and turned around to leave (the whole interaction lasting a total of- no exaggeration- 3 minutes). I was pissed.

Me: That’s it?

Doctor: Yeah… Then we’ll know.

Me: So that’s it? I mean, I waited for over an hour for you to tell me I need a biopsy. Even I knew that.

Doctor: Well… I gave you a prescription for the rough patch on your arm…

He looked at me sheepishly when the nurse walked in, examined my shoulder and said, "So hey doc, what do you think? It looks like blah blah blah…"

Well turns out, they couldn’t even do a biopsy because they didn’t know what lab they could send it to that my insurance would cover. Since the doctor was over an hour late seeing me, and it was now past 5, they couldn’t even call my insurance company to get the info. So now I have to return, make another appointment, because their time is so much more precious than mine.

I hate the state of medical insurance in America.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mail them a tiny, torn off piece of a hot dog and tell them to biops that.
Just to freak them out.

Valancy Jane said...

Blog, woman.